I find it very disturbing when this WGA pop up when i start my computer.
Here’s the steps how to disable and remove the annoying WGA notification.
- Launch Windows Task Manager.(How to launch this Task Manager –> Press Ctrl+Alt+Del)
- End wgatray.exe process in Task Manager.
- Restart Windows XP in Safe Mode. (To start in Safe mode go to “Start”–>”Restart”–>keep on pressing F5—> u can select Safe mode / safe mode with networking.)
- Delete WgaTray.exe from c:\Windows\System32. (Put this into ur address bar in browser —-> search file WGATray
- Delete WgaTray.exe from c:\Windows\System32\dllcache. (same as above)
- Lauch RegEdit. (Go to “Start” —> “Run”–>key in regedit
- Browse to the following location:
- Delete the folder ‘WgaLogon’ and all its contents
- Reboot Windows XP.